When the kayak is inflated:
> length: 528 cm
> width: 70 cm
When stored in its bag:
height: 100 cm
> width: 45 cm
> thickness: 38 cm
> full weight: 24 kg
2 hatch storage: 60 cm
An innovation, and a patent pending.
A high-performance 2-seater inflatable kayak that you can take everywhere with you. Based on the X500 1-seater kayak, we decided to develop a 2-seater kayak. The main challenge was to add rigidity and performance to an inflatable 2-seater kayak, and so we have patented the unique cutting and assembly of the materials used.
Why a rigid inflatable kayak?
We listened to the kayakers when they said, “I would like to share kayaking with someone else” and “I want a 2-seater inflatable kayak that has the same performance as a rigid kayak.”
What is Dropstitch?
Dropstitch is a material. Two layers of PVC are connected by thousands of nylon threads. When inflated to high pressure, these threads tighten and create a rigid volume, which prevents the kayak from loosing its shape.
This is what makes our inflatable kayak extremely rigid but easy to store in a backpack once deflated.
How to inflate and mount the kayak?
1. Inflate the main chamber (floor), then the intermediate chambers (walls), followed by the small chambers (arches). All the volumes are inflated to 15 PSI max (1.03 bar).
2. You can insert the foot-rests on the flexible guides, push them inside the kayak, and adjust to your leg length with the buckle.
3. Position the seats by fitting them onto the shims provided.
4. Position the backrests under the coaming.
We recommend the HP Itiwit twin-action hand pump (8387655), not included.
How to disassemble and deflate the kayak?
It’s quite simple.
1. Make sure the folding surface is clean.
2. Remove the seats.
3. Remove the foot rests
4. Deflate the kayak by removing the cap and pressing the valve, leaving the valve in the open position for air to escape.
5. Tuck in the hatch and start folding lengthways.
How to fold it up and put it in the bag?
1. Place the canvas of the bridge inside the fold.
2. Fold the keel over its entire length so that the width of the kayak is the same as that of the bag.
3. Start to fold with the front tip, then fold at the first dashes. Repeat 4 times until the kayak is folded like a snail.
4. Strap up the kayak so that it’s easier to fit in the bag.
What if the kayak is pierced?
It would take something sharp to make that happen. If so, the kayak is composed of 6 independent air chambers. 1 or 2 of punctures? The kayak floats enough to make it back to the shore safely.
To preserve the life expectancy of your kayak, avoid contact with oyster shells and sharp reefs.
Tips for comfort
Take the time to sit in the middle of the kayak to balance yourself and adjust your foot rests. Once you are comfortable, off you go.
You can leave with dry clothes in a small waterproof bag, placing it in the front of the kayak for easy access.
What does the kayak bag contain?
The kit includes:
- a bag
- the kayak
- two seats
- four foot rests
- a repair kit
Spray decks not included. The kayak is compatible with the Itiwit spray deck (ref: 8543915).
Directions for use
We recommend that you practice with a buoyancy vest.
Brilliant piece of kit and paddles like a dream. I was worried about the lack of a rudder but it tracks really well and easy to manoeuvre. So practical in terms of transporting and easy to unfold, inflate and fold up again. I paddle it with my 10 yr old and a 6 yr old and they love it. Recently been on the lakes and sea in choppy conditions and it handles brilliantly. Would have given it a 5 but some of the joins look a bit suspect but we shall see how it goes. Absolutely loving it!