Fabric can withstand 2 hours of moderate rain. Fully taped seams.
Breathable fabric to limit condensation (RET index = 12).
Fabric counters the windchill effect up to force 6/7 (50 km/h).
Freedom of movement
Loose fit adjustable at the waist (neoprene), neck and cuffs using the rip-tab.
Water repellent fabric that dries quickly (water slides off the fabric).
1 zipped shoulder pocket (the size of a penknife) with holes to drain away water
Resistance to salt water
Fabrics and accessories resistant to salt water.
Easy to use
SIZE MARKINGS: inside markings for visibility when inside out or with neck open
WATERPROOFING of the Tribord 500 dinghy/catamaran smock:
This smock has been approved in a simulator reproducing the conditions of MODERATE RAIN
- Moderate rain corresponds to a flow of 60L/m2/h - (rainfall of 60mm/h) for two hours
- Component resistant to water pressure of 2000mm after ageing (= 2000 Schmerber - average pressure exerted by water during a downpour)
- 100% taped seams.
- The design of the extremities (adjustments and components) helps stop water getting in
Adjustments of the Tribord 500 dinghy/catamaran smock: NECK FASTENING
The neck with its flexible fabrics can be adjusted in 2 ways:
* closing the half zip with its pull cord positioning the "wallet-like” pleats inside the waterproof fabric (depending on the shape of the neck, it is recommended to fold the fabric in your hand to avoid wrinkles)
* closing the smooth outer fabric with the rip-tab.
Adjustments of the Tribord 500 dinghy/catamaran smock: WAISTBAND AND WRISTS
For more waterproofing, less wind entry and greater freedom of movement:
* the belt is made of flexible neoprene, adjustable by 2 rip-tabs positioned on the right and left of the waistband
* the cuffs are made of a smooth, flexible and waterproof fabric, adjustable by a rip-tab (for small cuffs, the fineness of the fabric allows a clean fold).
Glove storage in the Tribord S500 dinghy/catamaran sailing jacket:
There are 2 small fabric straps sewn on each side of the neoprene belt. They are for hanging or sticking mittens or gloves in (hanging mittens or gloves by their rip-tabs), so as to not get in the way before or after practice.
The shoulder pocket of the Tribord S500 dinghy/catamaran sailing jacket:
The size of the shoulder pocket was designed so as not to be cumbersome or too heavy in order to not hinder manoeuvres or movement.
Its design and tests were therefore carried out with a standard size penknife, a rope and a snack of 2 cereal bars. The contents remain stable in the pocket and remain accessible.
✓ Verified purchase
What is a "Verified purchase"?
Where review is marked as "Verified purchase" confirmed by Decathlon, this means that we could verify that the client who filed this opinion has purchased the product from us.
We can confirm purchases for the reviews expressed on a request by e-mail after purchase or when the customer has this review from his personal space.
If a review is not marked as "Verified purchase," this does not mean that the author's review has no experience with the product. They may have given their review directly on the site without unique identification, or the product has been offered or paid by someone else.
The label "Verified purchase" let's help you judge the reliability of a review.
Bought this for my son and it is fantastic for the price, highly recommended